So, let's talk for a second before I get into the swing of things.
I created this blog for my own sanity. I'm going to be a grad student taking at least 18 credits with a graduate assistantship. I need a place where I can vent so that I don't go completely bonkers. The idea for this blog came from my Book Buddies program with my friend, we're sending books back and forth to each other and writing reviews of them. She sent me Serafina67 *urgently requires life* (which is an amazing book if you haven't read it yet) and I realized that I really missed blogging.
I'm 21 years old. I just graduated from college. I am going to an amazing grad school. I have parents who love me, a sister who adores me, and friends who would do anything for me. But I have moments (that seem particularly long in my own world) that I am not happy despite those things. A lot of that comes from issues that are hidden deep in the crevices in my heart and my brain prevents from popping up in normal conversation. I learned a long time ago that if I didn't vent these issues and write them out that I'd let it build up to the point of explosion and having a crying fit (which no one wants to witness).
I've always liked the idea of a blog, having complete honesty in a place where other people can see it. Most people would feel vulnerable, I feel liberated. If I just discuss these things with myself than I don't get anything accomplished, putting it where anyone can read it makes me feel as though I'm actually telling someone my problems.
So I deleted my old blog (which was full of complete negativity and long droning prose about heartbreak) and created a new bouncy happy blog where I will every day say at least one thing that made me happy.
Along with telling the happiness I'll have a schedule of topics so that I can continue to blog and won't forget about doing it next week. The schedule is as follows:
Music Monday- Anything about music.
TV Tuesday- I'm a TV addict.
Wordsy Wednesday- Books books books and more books!
Thoughts Thursday- Thoughts, feelings, and other mushy things.
Funny Friday- Anything that tickles my fancy.
I'm really positive about this whole experience and if I make some blog friends from this it would be even nicer. Will post Music Monday in a few moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment